As part of the San Elijo Surf Club, the San Elijo Surf Team, incepted in 2010, is a Western Surfing Association, http://www.surfwsa.org/, affiliated Middle School competitive surf team. The SEST proudly participates in the Scholastic Surf Series, http://www.surfsss.org/, against other middle school teams.
It is our mission to provide a positive learning environment that fosters respect for each other, respect for the ocean, and respect for the etiquette of surfing, learn surfing fundamentals, and promote the spirit of Aloha.
· Learn solid fundamentals and progress individually.
· Learn surfing nomenclature, etiquette, and ocean safety.
· Establish a solid understanding about the ocean environment; its currents, hazards, and local marine life.
· Everyone participates. Everyone learns.
· Have fun. Spread aloha!
Head Coach - Che Love
Team Parent/Assistant Coach - Gavin McBride
Assitant Coach - Steve Schwenkmeyer
San Elijo Surf Club Board of Directors
President - Rita Root
Vice President - Marc Tompkins
Treasuer - Janet (keven) McClean
Speacial Events - Angie Bucholtz/Jane Humphreys
Our team currently practices on Wednesdays and Fridays after school, and Sunday mornings at 8:00 at various locations. Friday practices on weeks preceeding contests will be limited to those competing in the contest. Practices may be added to the schedule; check the calander weekly for practice locations. Our team heavily relies on parent volunteers; parents are encouraged to surf with the kids, and come down to the beach at practice times for support. Practices may be cancelled due to inclimate weather and unforeseen events.
We will be competing in all of the Scholastic surf Series Middle School competitions:
Saturday October, 26, 2013 Avalanche, Ocean Beach
Saturday December 14, 2013 South Jetty, Oceanside Harbor
Saturday January 25, 2014 Oceanside South Pier
Saturday February 22, 2014 Army Navy Academy, Carlsbad
Saturday March 8, 2014 La Jolla Shore
Thank you for visiting our site! Please contact our team parent at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
1. Go to the SSS Website, www.surfsss.org, on the FORMS page, and download the following forms:
a. Student Waiver
b. Student Membership
2. Fill out forms and print three (3) copies.
3. Submit two separate checks, written to the Scholastic Surf Series:
a. $50 Team fee
b. $40 Student membership fee
c. Please write the preceding in the notes line (team fee, student membership).
4. Deliver forms and checks in a sealed envelope to Mr. Love’s classroom. Please indicate if you are in need of a receipt and I will work on providing one.
All forms and fees must be delivered no later than Monday September 30th.